Friday, November 09, 2012

Great, let's just call Emporer Palpatine and Rouge now.

Wow, I'm back! Don't get used to it, there are not going to be regular posts on this blog for the foreseeable future. However, I just read something that made me come out of the shadows. Please, look at this, from Superman Beyond #10 (a digital first book put out by DC that chronicles Superman's adventures in the Batman Beyond future):


"Luther"? Really? This is Lex Luthor we're talking about. Superman's archenemy. Perhaps writer JT Krul has heard about him... now, as a letterer, even if we do copy/paste from a script (I mean how we use the script, not how we do our actual work) I sometimes correct small spelling mistakes I see. I understand how, perhaps being overworked, letterer Saida Temofonte didn't spot that either.

Yes, MS Word suggests "Luther" as a spelling correction to "Luthor", I don't know how it works in the scriptwriting software Krul uses. But I can't believe Sarah Litt (assistant editor), Kwanza Johnson & Ben Abernathy (editors) didn't catch it either when they read the script or finished issue. Or any of the proofreaders DC might have.

Really, "Luther"?

No comments: