Thursday, January 03, 2008

Creator sighting!

While you wait for the column on the latest comics (tis the season for delays), and the reveal of who won the Autopsy Awards, here's another creator sighting:

Joe Caramagna (of Virtual Caligraphy fame), letterer of many books, has sent me the following e-mail: "Hi! I read your blog here and there and I love it (even though I'm a culprit once in a while)! But I do have to defend myself just a little bit (Ha ha). In your latest blog, you name Greg Pak and myself as a culprit for World War Hulk Aftersmash: Warbound #1 in which Dum Dum Dugan says "Your" instead of "You're".

While Greg and myself can both share the blame for an error like that, you can't overlook the team of Marvel proofreaders and editor Nate Cosby (not to throw my buddy Nate under the bus). Greg did spell the word wrong at first, but all of us (or at least ONE of us) should have caught it!

Keep up the great work, the blog is hilarious!"


Thanks for the kind words Joe, I'm glad you enjoy the column. I always blame editors, and by extension, the proofreaders, so much, that I can't be bothered to mention them in every single dissection. Say, Joe, speaking about the proofreading department over at Marvel... think you can get in a good word for me? You know I have a good eye for these things....

Thank you very much for reading Joe, and for taking your time to write.

No comments: